What can you do to help improve the environment? There is a lot of information out there and it can be very overwhelming. Today we are going to tell you 6 simple changes you can make that can help make an impact!
1. Use cloth reusable grocery bags. Keep them in your car, at first you may forget several times but after a few weeks of use you will not enter the store without them! We keep a few extra foldable ones in our purses just in case!
2. Beeswax wraps. We are partial to these, not only because we make them but because they work great! Cheese, sandwiches, crackers, fruit, vegetables, they can be used on anything but meat!
3. Biodegradable trash bags. Not only do we use them for our trash, but we keep them in the car to pick up trash when we are out at the park, the beach etc. Get the entire family involved!
4. Buy Bulk when available. This can be tricky depending on your location but start to observe ways to decrease plastic use. Use your reusable produce bags to collect apples instead of buying the apples in a plastic bag, visit the stores with bulk options and bring your own mason jars to fill with beans and rice etc.
5. Re purpose when possible. This requires some creative thinking, save frozen fruit bags to refreeze fruit. Save cereal boxes for crafts at home.
6. Bring your water bottle everywhere! Refill as needed, request filtered tap water at restaurants instead of using disposable water bottles. You do not need to purchase an expensive one, a simple mason jar or a glass juice container work great!